Did you ever want to wield the power of time it's self? This may be the class path for you!
This path provides wizards with some exciting new crowd control and healing abilities to really make it feel like they're the master of the battlefield. If you choose to include this class path in your game, you will want to include the spell list (provided at the bottom) to arm your wizards with some new powers! This path obviously does not block off any spells that a Wizard might want to take, but just expands upon them, and can really open up some great role playing opportunities!
The School of Chronomancy explores the cosmic forces of time and space. As you focus your studies in this tradition, you learn to manipulate the very fabric of space-time. As you progress, you learn to slow, speed up, rewind and even stop time.
Chronomancers are often viewed as distant, thoughtful beings that seem indifferent to petty struggles. Having glimpsed into so many possible events and timelines, they often become detached from one reality viewing existence in the “big picture”. If a Chronomancer pays great attention to your actions, they may already know that you are fated to do great, or hideous things.
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a chronomancy spell into your spell book is halved.
Starting at 2nd level, when you choose this school, glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll two D20’s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You may choose the specific timeline that you wish to occur, allowing you to pick this dice AFTER you have made the initial roll.
Each fortelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you loose any unused foretelling rolls.
Starting at 14th level, you ability to manipulate the strands of fate are more acute. You may roll three precog dice rather than two.
Beginning at 10th Level, you can rewrite your own timeline as an instant, almost instinctive reaction to danger. When a creature makes an attack roll against you, you can use your reaction to re-write where you were standing, instead appearing behind or to the side of the attacker. The attacks automatically misses you, as you witness some previous version of yourself take the full brunt of the attack before being wiped from existence.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Master of time:
Starting at 14th Level, you gain the skill “Future” which functions very much like the skill “History”, for events which have not yet happened. With this skill, the Chronomancer can determine if certain actions will be good or bad, if there is an ambush waiting ahead, of if they are on the correct path to get to their destination.
Simply roll with this skill check as you would any other, using INT as the modifier.
Chronomancy spell List:
These spells are added to the Wizard Spell list and may be used by any Wizard. Those of the Chronomancy school archetype simply get the advantages listed above when using said spells. Additionally, a Chronomancer need not take these spells over other Wizard spells.
- Fast Forward: 1 action, Touch range. Your target gains access to the “Dash” special rule until the end of their next turn.
- Guidance: Functions identically to the Divination cantrip in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Slow Time: Bonus Action, Touch. Your target operates in real time, as all of reality slows down around them. They gain Advantage on their next attack or Dexterity saving throw.
- Temporal Ray: 60 feet, 1 action. You fire a beam of pure chronal energy, slowing and damaging your target. Make a ranged spell attack, on a hit, the target takes 1D8 necrotic damage and it’s movement is reduced by 10 feet until the start of your next turn.
- Age contol: 1 action, 30 feet. You can age or rejuvenate non-magical object of no less than a foot in diameter, causing desiccated, ancient or damaged object to become repaired to its former glory, or causing decay on a functional object like a lock.
1st Level Spells
- Expeditious retreat: Functions identically to the transmutation spell in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Sphere of pace: Touch, 1 hour. You increase the flow of time around your target, increasing their speed by 10 feet. At Higher Levels. For every spell level above first, you may increase the number of targets that the spell effects.
- Rewind: 1 action, touch. A creature that you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1D8 + your spell-casting ability mod. At higher levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1D8 for every spell slot above first.
- Undo: 1 bonus action, 60 feet. A creature that you can see within range regains 1D4+your spell-casting ability mod. At Higher levels. For each spell slot above 1st, this spell heals 1D4 damage.
- Unrelenting Past: 1 action, 60 feet. You target a creature within range and haunt it with visions, sounds and shadows of it’s past. Those that were slain by the creature or wished to do so, briefly flash into this timeline, tormenting and attacking the creature. The target must make a WIS saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 3D6 Psychic damage, on a successful save, it takes half this damage. At Higher Levels. When cast with a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the target takes 1D6 extra damage for each spell level above first.
2nd Level Spells
- Augury: Functions identically to Augury in the divination school, but counts as a Chronomancy spell for the purpose of spell books.
- Blur: Functions identically to the Illusion spell that already exists in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Danger sense: Touch range, concentration, one hour. You touch a willing creature, until the spell ends, they gain glimpses into the future, allowing them to move out of the way of oncoming attacks. Their AC increases to 16 (total) regardless of armour.
- Edit time: Touch, 1 action. You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralysed or poisoned, as you alter that creature’s history to have never occurred in such a way.
- Stop: 60 feet, 1 action, concentration, up to a minute. Choose a humanoid that you can see within range. The Target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or become frozen in place, even if they are in mid air or mid spell. At the end of each of it’s turns the target may attempt to make another WIS saving throw to break free of your control. At Higher Levels. For every spell level above first, you may target an additional humanoid.
- Listless chronology: 1 action, 30 feet, concentration up to a minute. You reduce the flow of time around your allies, causing them to think and react at seemingly impossible speeds. Choose any number of creatures within range. For the duration, each target has advantage on Dex and Int saving throws.
- Time swap: 1 reaction, in response to an attack roll by an enemy, 60 feet. When being attacked by an opponent, you halt the flow of time, and redistribute the attack to a target of your choice within range. You take no damage, but the full attack strikes your desired target.
3rd Level Spells
- Time Flow aura: 1 action, concentration up to a minute. An aura of reversed time flow radiates from your body with a 30 foot radius. Until the spell ends, the aura moves with you, centered on you. You can use a bonus action to cause a creature (including you) within the aura to regain 2D6 hit points as the wounds that they have suffered are written out of their past.
- Blink: Functions identically to the transmutation spell in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Revivify: Functions identically to the conjuration spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
4th Level Spells
- Divination: This spell functions identically to the spell in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Dimension door: Functions identically to the spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Reality Fracture: 1 action, Self 1 minute. You damage the fabric of time and space, and allow for three duplicates of yourself to inhabit the space around you. Due to the unstable nature of the spell, they do not function wholely potent versions of yourself, however, they function independently of you, and may cast any of your cantrips, talk, act and physically attack as you would. If you die, while this spell is in effect, one of your duplicates takes your place, assuming your time line.
5th Level Spells
- Conjure Volley: This spell acts identically to the conjuration spell in the spell book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Legend Lore: Functions identically to the Divination spell in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Rewrite: 1 action, touch. You may write one debilitating effect from any creature from history as if it never happened. You may reduce the target’s exhaustion level by one, remove one effect petrifying or charming the target, remove one curse, any reduction to an ability score, or remove an effect that reduces the target’s hit point maximum.
- Time gaze: 1 min casting time, self, duration 1 minute. You alter the flow of time through your mind, allowing you to gain a clearer picture of what the future will hold. You may receive an “unclear” or clouded view of your destiny, but otherwise, the answers to three questions become clear and known to you. The amount of knowledge that you sift through in order to deem the most likely flow of events is almost incalculable, sometimes having to live out entire lives in your mind where time passes normally for those around you; as a result, if you cast the spell two or more times before a long rest, you must roll on the long term insanity table.
6th Level Spells
- Disintegrate: This spell functions identically to the transmutation spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Find the Path: This spell functions identically to the divination spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Resurrection: Functions identically to the necromancy spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Temporal Displacement: 1 min cast, touch range, lasts until dispelled. You touch an object of 10 pounds or less, whose longest dimension is 6 feet or less. The spell leaves an invisible mark on it’s surface. Any time thereafter, you can use your action to speak the item’s name and draw it from it’s position in space-time, to your side. It instantly appears in your hands regardless of physical or planar distances or if the item has been destroyed in that time. The spell then ends. You may mark as many objects as you choose.
7th Level Spells
- Delayed blast fireball: This spell functions identically to the evocation spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Etherealness: This spell functions identically to the transmutation spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Regenerate: Functions identically to the transmutation spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.
- Time blight: 1 action. 60 feet. You focus on a target within range and rapidly age them to the point of disintegration. The target must make a CON saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 7D8+30 Necrotic damage, or half as much on a successful save. Those that die from this attack become ash and may never be resurrected.
8th Level Spells
- Greater Rewrite: You may alter a permanent effect on any creature that you touch, removing things like scars, curses, or removed or damaged limbs, causing them to be replaced with healthy, unharmed appendages.
9th Level Spells
- Time Extraction: You pull an earlier version of an ally from their time-stream and replace the one that you touch. They regain all of their Hit points and all conditions that they have occurred to them recently. They also have no memory of the events that have occurred since they were at full health.
- Unconceived: 1 action, Touch. You touch one person and travel back to the very origins of their birth, at which point you create a time paradox that causes them to have never existed. If the creature you choose has 100 hit points or fewer, it dies instantly. Otherwise the spell has no effect as your target is “too well tethered to this timeline”.
- Foresight: This spell functions exactly as the divination spell in the book, but counts as a Chronomancy spell.
- Time Stop: Functions identically to the transmutation spell in the book, but counts as a chronomancy spell.