Archmages may secret a few of these potions away in their studies to be used at dire times. These potions may be stronger than most of their spells! To buy a potion of this caliber, an adventurer would find himself spending 3500-4500 gold or selling them for half as much.
Greater Mana potion- (1 action. Consumed. Contains Beholder tongue and the dust of a burned wizard's grimoir) When this glowing blue liquid is consumed, the target rolls a D3 + the brewer's Intelligence modifier. This result is the number of spell slots, ki points of equivalent spell points that the drinker receives. To determine the spell slot level, roll a D6 for each slot. This has no effect on concoction points. (Potion)
Potion of Magic denial- (1 action. Consumed. Contains ancient dragon scales. Lasts 1 minute) This pungent, acidic tasting liquid burns in the drinker's stomach for the duration, but infuses their blood with a potent anti-magic aura. For the duration the drinker is immune to magical effects and takes half damage from magical spells. They also take normal weapon damage from magic weapons for the duration. (Potion)
Regeneration Serum- (1 minute. Consumed. Contains Blood of Lizards, oozes and starfish. Lasts 1 hour) A creature that drinks this serum stimulates its natural healing ability. The target regains 4d8+15 hit points. For the duration of the concoction, the target regains 1 hit point at the start of each of it's turns (10 hit points each minute). The target's severed body members (fingers, legs, tails, and so on), if any, are restored after 2 minutes. If you have the severed part an hold it to the stump, the concoction instantaneously causes the limb to knit to the stump. (Mutagen)
The Realm Mists- (1 action. Contains mists of the space between spaces. 60-foot cone) You loose a pressurized container containing a thick white mist. These incredibly hard to acquire mists are captured at the edges of reality and mark the veil between worlds. Each creature in a 60-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. For each target, roll a d8 to determine which realm affects it. (Potion)
1. The target takes 10d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
2. The target takes 10d6 acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
3. The target takes 10d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
4. The target takes 10d6 poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
5. The target takes 10d6 cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
6. On a failed save, the target is restrained. It must then make a Constitution saving throw at the end of each of its turns. If it successfully saves three times, the spell ends. If it fails its save three times, it permanently turns to stone and is subjected to the petrified condition. The successes and failures don’t need to be consecutive; keep track of both until the target collects three of a kind.
7. On a failed save, the target is blinded. It must then make a Wisdom saving throw at the start of your next turn. A successful save ends the blindness. If it fails that save, the creature is transported to another plane of existence of the DM ’s choosing and is no longer blinded. (Typically, a creature that is on a plane that isn’t its home plane is banished home, while other creatures are usually cast into the Astral or Ethereal planes.)
8. The target is struck twice. Roll twice more, re-rolling any 8.